Whatcom Transportation Improvement Program
As the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO) for Whatcom County, WCOG is required to prepare a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) every year in cooperation with WCOG’s members and the Washington State Department of Transportation. The TIP provides a comprehensive six-year listing of transportation improvements within the county that are included on the regional transportation network as defined by the region’s long-range transportation plan – Whatcom Mobility 2040.
The TIP projects are separated into three distinct groups:
- Projects with secured funding anticipated and are located within the Metropolitan Planning Area.
- Projects with secured funding but are located outside the Metropolitan Planning Area.
- Unfunded projects, projects without secured funding, regardless of location.
The TIP serves as a schedule of accountability to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), who annually review and certify the TIP to ensure the continuation of federal financial assistance for transportation improvements in the region.
This document is updated at least every two years and is incorporated into the State
Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). Placement on the STIP is required for
most transportation projects that receive federal funding.
WCOG 2018-23 TIP
The WCOG 2018 Transportation Improvement Program is now available.
Individual projects listed here: 2018-21 TIP Projects.
2018 TIP Amendment Schedule coming soon!
WCOG 2017-22 TIP
- To view the WCOG-managed Surface Transportation program projects please visit the WCOG Interactive Map.
- To view Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) managed projects in the region please visit WSDOT Local Project Search.
Current TIP Amendments and Administrative Modifications:
Annual List of Federal Funding Obligations
In accordance with United States Code 23 CFR 450.332, WCOG is required to post a List of Federal Funding Obligations for the previous calendar year for projects within the Metropolitan Planning Area.
For more information please contact Lethal Coe, Senior Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 685-8390.