May 2020 — Proposed Plan Amendment for Public Review:
At its May 13, 2020 meeting, The Whatcom Transportation Policy Board (WTPB), the region’s metropolitan planning organization (MPO), will consider amending the list of transportation projects currently included in our region’s Regional/Metropolitan Transportation Plan. The proposed project amendments are listed and described in the following linked document (PDF format).
If you would like the above list in another format, please call Hugh Conroy, Planning Director, at 360 685-8384.
Designated as both the federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and state-designated Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO), WCOG manages the federal and state required Regional Long-range Transportation Plan. Additional core planning functions of WCOG include:
- Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP),
- Human Services Transportation (HST),
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Architecture,
- Public Participation Plan,
- Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP),
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS).
WCOG’s staff also undertakes a wide variety of transportation planning efforts for the benefit of the region.